April 19th has arrived and the matron goddess of love that April was named after sashays in at exactly 9:12 AM PDT. This ingress of the sun happens while fairly close with the Moon, Mercury and Uranus in Aries. Look at it as all of the love, joy and beauty arriving on Aries’ fast, sophisticated, and sexy plan heading straight to the city center with a full agenda for action. With the point of entry in the house of Aquarius, you can expect a very determined (read: “stubborn”) start towards fulfilling Venus’ agenda over the next 30 days.
There will be a lot of pressure for everyone to do their best as Uranus is still in provocative Aries and demands that everyone fulfill their highest goals and aspirations. Uranus is known for being the “high minded” idealist of the zodiac and is either disappointed in others when they cannot meet their expectations, or proud to know that they had a hand in helping others do their absolute best.
Since Venus is still in Gemini, expect a lot of variations on the themes of love in your life; Especially anything involving the arts, business or communications in general. People will be especially expressive about their physical and emotional thoughts so either define your boundaries early and often or be ready for anything.
The Moon will line up for a conjunction with Taurus for our monthly fresh staart. With Tax day behind the majority of people in the U. S., you can expect this to be a weekend of cleaning, organizing, relaxing and enjoying everything close to and or associated with the home. The Aries boost of the moon given right before the sun went into Taurus has everyone thinking about a lot of things very quickly. So expect the pace to slow down a little on early Saturday morning at about 12:20 PDT. The new moon will trine with Pluto in Capricorn and Mars in Virgo creating a magnetic trifecta of earth energy. This energy can be used to increase efficiency and organization that can be applied towards romantic and material ambitions alike. This will be an inspirational and insightful time; a great time for the fusion of intellect and intuition to work in an organic and symbiotic way.
The New Moon
After the intense gravitational influence of the New Moon’s spring tides begin to wane, the next week starts us on an energetic and dynamic note with the moon in Gemini. Since mythology sees Mercury as “the messenger of the gods,” expect the week to start off with a sense of destiny and fate that can be shaken up a little to keep you on your toes and remind you that you can handle challenges on the fly. This is a subtle reminder to count your blessings instead of your deficits. This is also a great time to reconnect with nature as the conjunction of the New Moon with Ceres helps to echo Uranus’ energy of expanded consciousness and higher ideals here on planet Earth.
Expect a lot of restless activity in the beginning of the week and pay special care to focus on projects until they are complete, as Mercury’s weakness is lack of focus when bored. The key to the beginning of a smooth week is to be patient and supportive long enough for the moon to go into Cancer. Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces, Virgo, Taurus and Capricorn will have favorable weeks. Anyone with an ascendent or moon in one of the earth signs ( Virgo, Taurus and Capricorn) will be especially productive and critical. Libra, and Aries will see some unexpected surprises while Leo and Aquarius will be managing and resolving lots of conflict. Sagittarius and Gemini will be focused on building their communities and expanding their familial and social circles.
1. Mercury Out of Retrograde April 4th but doesn’t straighten out until Mercury goes back into decisive Aries April 16th (less nebulous, dreamy “pie in the sky” Pisces behavior to fiery, competitive quick Aries (Did someones say action and rejuvenation?)
2. ?Mars came out of Retrograde 9 PM PDT April 13th
3. Strong provocative behaviors pushed by Uranus in Aries and Pluto going into Capricorn to challenge authority.
4. Since Pluto went into retrograde April 10th and will be there until Mid September. Issues of power and control both personal and community will be underscored.
5 .Since Pluto is typically sneaky (Remember Pluto is the Roman version of the Greek Hades, lord of the underworld) so expect much more institutional/political shadiness is to be covertly had—>Can you say “behind closed doors?”
6. Confronting the Saturnian energy (The father or general authorities and father figures) will yield gains but you must be willing to make collective and personal sacrifices or choke in the cloud of halitosis that is defeat.
7. Venus Retrograde from May 15th until the end of June. During that time expect the romantic aspects of your relationships to slow to a crawl or change in nature altogether. Since ?Venus is also about ethics, justice and liberty expect to lose some respect for people who are having a hard time keeping up with the neck break speed of the Year of the Dragon. Those whom do not respect the sovereignty of others will suffer under a super-sized portion of wrath that Venus will serve up when she goes direct around June 27th. This will be the warrior/karma aspect of Venus known as Astarte, Ixchel and Innanu?
Conjunction of sun and Jupiter on May 13th will bring amazing clarity for spirituality and education under the feathers of Kukulcan, the sky god often refereed to as Jupiter/Jove/Thor/Ra. Be happy that is is not the Ra aspect as he would be sure to have the Lioness Sekhmet focus her powers of retribution through Venus like a magnifying glass made out of diamond.
There is also a new moon in Gemini and eclipse taking place May 20th.